A support agreement provides a year's technical support via our online ticket system.
Support covers the following:
- Help setting up and configuring Kartris
- Help with operating Kartris
- Investigation of bugs and (if necessary) fixes with Kartris code, including custom code delivered by Cactusoft
- Guidance and general advice on how to approach particular modifications or skin design changes
- Minor updates to existing payment system plugins that are supported (for an up-to-date list of supported payment systems, see our web site), such as TLS version. Note that this does not cover creating support for new payment systems released by a payment provider we already support, except where the only existing support will be discontinued, or major changes to platforms such as 3ds support on local type gateways..
Support does not cover the following:
- Doing custom modifications to implement new features or change the way particular features work
- Debugging, fixing or completing code changes, additions or skin designs made by the customer or by third parties (for example, fixing bugs in a new function added by a third party developer)
- Fixing bugs in third party libraries or other code within Kartris, whether open-source or otherwise, including but not limited to the ASP.NET Ajax Toolkit, splitter bar, etc.
- Fixing bugs in the underlying Microsoft platform, including but not limited to Windows, MS SQL Server, IIS, ASP.NET.
- Fixing bugs in particular browsers or browser plugins (such as a browser crashing consistently on a particular page - which no browser should do regardless of content)
- Implementing new payment gateways and systems (including those from a vendor where we may already support another of their payment gateways or systems)
- Fixing bugs that cannot be reproduced; bug reports should include the precise version of Kartris being used (e.g. 2.0004), the steps required to reproduce the bug, the browser, major version of IIS (e.g. 6, 7, 7.5, 8, etc.), the app pool type (classic / integrated) and any customizations made - viewing a bug on a web site is not enough if we don't have admin access to debug and cannot reproduce the issue locally
- Resolving hosting-related issues (other than on our own hosting servers)
- Upgrading web sites to the latest version of Kartris, upgrading individual features or sections of web sites, merging modifications to older Kartris versions with the latest code, etc.
- Creating updates, applying updates or otherwise fixing functionality due to political or economic changes (for example, implementing support for some complex new tax system a country has implemented or new data protection laws). While we endeavour to support such changes and find solutions, we cannot provide any guarantee as we have no certainty that governments and other organizations will not implement rules or requirements that are either impossible or unrealistic to implement, or overly burdensome.
The bug fix warranty applies to bugs other than those indicated above; the timescale (3 or 7 days) means working days, based on the UK working week (Mon-Fri), excluding public holidays, though we can typically deliver bug fixes sooner than this.
We can quote to perform any of the work above not covered under support if required.
Subsequent years' support renewals are at a significant discount if the renewal is completed before the expiry of the support agreement.
For new support contracts, there is a two-week start period for major support issues. This means that for the first 14 days of a new support contract (or one renewed after it has previously expired, with the associated discount renewal price), the turnaround times are extended by 14 days. This is to discourage purchases of support only when a major issue has already occurred; once the two week run-in period has finished, normal response times apply.