This is our recommended method for installing Kartris. The Web Deployment Tool is available for Windows Vista and Windows 7 (and Windows 2008). It adds new features within the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. You can download the tool from Microsoft's web site.
Note that if you are using Windows XP, this option isn't available. You can either install manually, or via the Microsoft Web Platform Installer.
This knowledgebase article deals with the first stage of installing Kartris. Once this stage is complete, you'll complete configuration of the Kartris install via the Kartris installation routine running within a web browser.
1. Download the latest version of Kartris from our web site.
2. Open up Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. You'll see in the bottom right corner "Deploy". Click "Import Application..."
3. A dialog box appears - select the Kartris zip file that you downloaded from our site.
4. The wizard will show a preview of the folders that are about to be created. Hit "next" to continue.
5. The wizard prompts for the name of the web you wish to create. You can use any valid name here - we recommend making reference to the version of Kartris you are running (so you always know what version a site is running). Eg you might use:
kartris1.3000_daveswidgets (if you are building an ecommerce store for "Dave's Widgets")
6. After a few minutes installation completes. Kartris should be installed and you should see the new web listed in IIS.
7. You can now run Kartris for the first time. Assuming you can access your local IIS as "localhost" then the instance of Kartris you've just installed will be at
http://localhost/[the name you gave your web in step 5 above]/
It may take a minute or two to run Kartris (this is normal when first installed). Once it runs, you should see the first screen of the Kartris installation/setup wizard.